Adding another link to the permalink page.

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Adding another link to the permalink page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

Hello.

So, first off, I love this theme. It is perfect for what I want it to be. So thank you muchly for coding it!

Secondly, is there a way to add permalinks to posts? I’ve noticed on the statuses that there is no way to get to the post’s actual page, and with blog posts it’s through the title, which I don’t always use. I was thinking the “Posted on September 12, 2015” text could be modified so it would link to the post’s page so that way people could comment and things if they would like to.

Thank you for your help! I’m pretty good at coding, but I haven’t dived into wordpress php since twenty ten was the default theme. >.>

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You’re very welcome and also thank you too.

Normally for the status, I’ve never seen someone split the post, but you bring up a good point. I made a note to get this added to the next update of Seasonal Pro (as well for the free version) to add a permalink to the title. In the meantime, you could pop in a Read More tag in your Status post to display a “Continue Reading” link on the front of the site.

Anna
    Participant

It’s just that in my blogging, I tend to do a lot of shorter posts like statuses and save the standard format for when I want to post something with a few good-sized paragraphs. If people don’t have easy access to those pages, there’s not going to be a lot of discussion or feedback going on. The read more is a good work-around in the meantime though, especially since I can edit the text. ^_^ I look forward to the next update.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

I will try to have the update done in a week. Right now I’m actually behind schedule releasing my next theme and rushing to get that done. Once I do that, I am dedicating a week to take care of all the updates I need to do for each theme….Seasonal Pro will probably be my first one.

Actually…so you do not have to wait, you can edit the theme’s content-status.php file by looking for this line:

[code]<?php the_title( '

‘, ‘

‘ ); ?>[/code]

…and replace it with this:

[code][/code]

That puts a permalink on the title and will be part of the update later, so it’s OK to edit the theme’s template file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.