Adding search box to sidebar for seasonal pro

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Adding search box to sidebar for seasonal pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Roy Kamimura
    Participant

Is there some way to add a search box to either the menu or side bar of seasonal pro? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance,
    RK

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

It’s funny you brought this up because just yesterday I was looking at Seasonal Pro and was considering adding a dedicated Search field in the sidebar column just under or above the main menu. I would also include an option setting to disable it for anyone who does not want it displayed.

I probably won’t have that in the theme for about a week or so, if you don’t mind waiting?

Roy Kamimura
    Participant

No worries I could wait for that. I have another theme from Genesis that I have been playing around with and they did it via making the side bar area widget accessible. I have played around with having it both above and below my custom menu.

Actually, unless I have it wrong for Seasonal Pro, only the bottom areas are widget accessible. Have you considered making the side bar that way as well- it would enhance functionality significantly.

Thanks,

RK

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Genesis…the competition 👿
    haha…no worries. Anyway, yes, the Seasonal Pro theme only has widget areas below the main content area. The sidebar column is a fixed column and has a middle aligned menu, so it doesn’t leave much room for a vertical set of widgets due to smaller screen sizes.

My next theme I’m getting ready to release has a sidebar column as well, but this one has a sidebar column in the content area as an option and scrolls with the content. I plan on doing another theme like Seasonal, but I will be using the Twenty Fifteen theme as a basis because I know that the side column can scroll if there are extra widgets longer than the main page content.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

I’ve added a search field to the theme’s sidebar column. But here is your opportunity to take part in the placement of this search field…

Above the Social Icons
    Below the Social Icons
    Below the menu

Let me know and contact me through my footer Contact link so I can send you a beta version of Seasonal Pro to try out before I add the theme to the download section.

This feature also includes the option to enable/disable it from the customizer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.