Change content area background colour

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Change content area background colour

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne da Rosa
    Participant

Hi, I new to the forum and am not sure how to start a new topic of my own yet but I think my question has to do with this topic. I just installed seasonal pro Version: 1.2.5 – unlike the free version there is nowhere in the color options to set the Content Area Background Color for the pages/posts.

Where do I find that in this version so I can change the colors easily?
    thank you – I’m including an image of the free version options included so you see what I am talking about.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Hi Darosa…I will probably move your topic to a new one, but just to confirm, is this for the Seasonal Pro theme or Emphasize? You posted this in the Emphasize Pro forum category. It looks like you are using the Seasonal Pro theme….but I also need to figure out how you got access to the Emphasize pro support forum because this should not be accessible if you only have Seasonal Pro.

Suzanne da Rosa
    Participant

HI,
    Definitely for Seasonal Pro Theme – I clicked on the seasonal pro forum when I was looking but it may have taken me to something that answered this for another theme? not sure about that. Thanks for getting right back, looking forward to your reply
    Suzanne

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Thanks Suzanne for confirming your theme. I also moved your topic to the Seasonal Pro forum category.

I was trying to figure out why I did not put a colour option for the content area, then after looking into it just moments ago, I realized why. The content area does not go the full length of the page on short pages, which will expose the “page background” which is in a different colour.

I could consider adding a content area background colour setting, but in the meantime, if only changing the content area and not the page background is OK, this is how you would do it with some custom CSS code:

[code].site-main {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }[/code]

If you need the page background to match, then you will need to add the body tag to the above:

[code]body,
    .site-main {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }[/code]

If you are not using the Jetpack plugin, or not using a child theme, then the next option is to use a plugin called “Simple Custom CSS” to create your own stylesheet where you can add the above code. Just change the HEX colour to your own; the example above is the colour of white.

Suzanne da Rosa
    Participant

oh man, I was trying not to have to code anything. does the child theme that came with the site work the same as the regular pro upgrade – same interface etc? I’ve never used one so I’m not up to date on that. I just wanted things to be simple. I definitely want the background and content to be the same. 🙁

Don’t really understand why the paid/pro doesn’t have at least the same features as the free version.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Sometimes people make or want changes that requires some custom code, but doing this one is quite easy actually. The child theme inherits the features and functions of the parent theme (seasonal pro). The only difference is that you can add your own custom changes to the child theme directly, such as the style.css file. The benefit is that whenever there is an update to the parent theme, you do not lose any custom changes.

Anyway, tell you what….I will create an update to Seasonal Pro that adds the colour options you are looking for. This way, you won’t have to do the custom code I posted earlier. Give me the rest of today to do this.

Suzanne da Rosa
    Participant

Wow, thank you! I did not expect that. I will get myself up to speed with the child theme as well so I don’t have to bother you too much. You are very responsive and helpful. I LOVE your themes, all of them. I’ll be doing my husband’s site soon so we’ll be getting another. thanks again. Let me know how the color updates go. I appreciate your help

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

No worries….to be honest, my themes get better every time the user finds something I did wrong or discover something is missing, or letting me know something needs adjustment. I also want to say thank you for your kind comments about my themes…so thank you on that.

If you don’t hear back from me about the update by tomorrow, reply back here. I’m actually working on the update right now.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

All done!
    You will have to redownload the Seasonal Pro package again, extract it by double clicking the file, then do that to the seasonalpro.zip file as well. Then use an FTP program like WS_FTP LE, Filezilla, or your own to upload the new theme files to replace the existing theme files.

If you haven’t made any custom option changes and don’t mind starting fresh, you also have the option to uninstall Seasonal Pro, then install the new package.

I made this update as a “Beta” so that you can try it out and see how it works for you. Beta basically means it’s “work-in-progress” and is a testing version. So far I tested this while I did the updates (which includes a few other things I did) and everything is working 100%.

NOTE: The new content area colour setting is at the top of the “Colours” tab in the customizer.

Suzanne da Rosa
    Participant

I’m impressed! Thanks so much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.