Change/delete background overlay color in sidebar

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Change/delete background overlay color in sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Hello:

How can I change/delete the background overlay in the sidebar area. I’m trying to get it to be plain white with no background image. I see the slider in the customization fields but I don’t see where to set it to white or no color. Can this be easily done?

Additionally, how can I add a line break/new paragraph in the tagline?

Thanks!
    Amanda

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda…Instead of deleting, you could move the opacity setting for it to be 0.
    go to Appearance >> Customize >> Background Image >> Background Overlay Opacity

Slide it all the way to the left. If you still want to delete it, are you using a child theme or the parent theme of Seasonal Pro?

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Regarding the line break or paragraph for the tagline, is this for more content or just more space?

Amanda
    Participant

I’m using the parent theme. I’ve tried sliding both ways but since I have no background image (white background) I think it may still be appearing!

Amanda
    Participant

Regarding the extra space – it’s for more content. Another paragraph. Thank you for your speedy replies!

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

With the opacity set to 0, it should not show. In a sense, that makes it invisible.

As for the tagline, unfortunately that won’t be possible because that is generated by WordPress in the theme when I add the site description tag in there. It does not allow HTML either as I just tried it in the tagline description settings. If you want just more space below it, then you can do that with some custom CSS like this:

[code].site-description {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    }[/code]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.