Custom background for pages – doesn’t work

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Custom background for pages – doesn’t work

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I purchased pro version of theme seasonal. I wanted different sidebar background for my menu items (pages) and I did set background on the page editor screen for each page, but nothing changed. I have default sidebar all across my website. Am I missing something? This feature works just fine with my posts, but not with pages.

Thank you.

Petra

Anonymous
    Inactive

Never mind, just found out what the problem is. Names of pages are the same as categories. If I change names of one or the other, then it works.

Any chance this feature would work for categories someday?

Petra

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

I can take a look to see how I could do it for Categories, but I think that one might be a bit more complicated.
    But, just to confirm, everything is OK right now?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, yes everything is fine. I use categories in menu, so I can publish my posts accordingly. I don’t know how to assign a post to a certain page in menu. I only have pages for general menu items, like contact or home tab. That is why I use categories. Thank you for quick reply, theme is really beautiful.
    Petra

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You mentioned “I don’t know how to assign a post to a certain page in menu”. I’m not quite sure I fully understand that part. Are you wanting to add a single post to the menu, or was it for the category? Adding categories to the menu is fine if you want to show all posts from one category to your site visitors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=”Andre365″ post=1163]Adding categories to the menu is fine if you want to show all posts from one category to your site visitors.[/quote]

That’s how I have it organised now. I wanted to have different background picture for each category, but the feature doesn’t work with categories. To have that I would have to have pages in menu instead of categories. But I did find a plugin that puts post from the same categorie onto a certain page. I hope I made myself a bit clearer.
    Petra

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

much clearer now…thanks.
    There is one possible way of doing it for categories, but it would not be that background feature that does it…it would be done with some custom CSS. I just tried a quick test viewing my demo site in the browser. You would need to know the category id class name which you can get from the category page source code in the tag. For example:

[code]<body class="archive category category-travel category-6 custom-background loaded"……[/code]

So the custom CSS would look something like this:

[code].category-6 .sidebar {
    background-image: url('http://demo.shapedpixels.com/seasonal-pro/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/06/red-grapes.jpg&#039;);
    background-repeat: repeat;
    background-position: top center;
    background-attachment: scroll;
    background-size: cover;
    }[/code]

You would of course have a different image. You would do this for each category that you want a different image for. You can try this and see if it works for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that great info! I’ll give it a try.

Best regards,
    Petra

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.