Left Sidebar Text Sizes

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Left Sidebar Text Sizes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Janette
    Participant

Hi,

I have the latest Seasonal Pro in one of my directories: https://www.friendsofguisachan.org/auction/

I have Seasonal Pro as my main site theme: https://friendsofguisachan.org/main/

I cannot seem to change the text on the theme the way I did with the older theme. It is always super large no matter what I put in the child-theme style sheet (I removed the styles that I had put there for Site-title and navigation since it did not work.)

Also, the twenty-sixteen theme does a nice thing where it will let you keep the background image static while the left side bar contents will scroll so you can see all of the menu. Is that an easy change?

Thank you!
    -Janette

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Hi Janette…thank you for posting here.

I was just looking at both of your links, so if I understand correctly, your “main” site location has the font sizing that you want, but the “auction” one is not?

It looks like you have two WordPress installs with Seasonal Pro installed and active on both locations. I was curious why you have two installs?

For your Auction site location, I see you’re using a child theme, but there are no styles in your style.css file there, so this might be the problem. You said you had them there and then removed them? Can you add back in what you had and I will take a look at what you have.

For example, if I look at your “main” Site Title CSS for the font size, you have it at 2rem, but on the Auction site, the Site Title font size is 3rem.

Regarding the Twenty Sixteen theme function you are asking about, that is a very different sidebar and scrolling concept than Seasonal Pro and would unfortunately require a lot of re-coding to do that. By the way, I think you are referring to Twenty Fifteen, because the Twenty Sixteen theme does not have a left sidebar.

Janette
    Participant

I put the child-theme style sheet back in place and see no size change. It still reads 3 instead of 2 when I do a Chrome “inspect ” code. This is how the style sheet reads:

.site-navigation a {

padding: 6px 20px;

}
    .site-title {

margin: 0;

font-family: “Playfair Display”,Georgia;

font-weight: 400;

font-size: 2rem;

font-style:italic;

color: #fff;

line-height: 1;

}
    .sidebar-inner {

position: relative;

z-index: 2;

height: 100%;

width: 100%;

padding: 10px 80px;

}
    .primary-navigation li,

.site-navigation li {

margin-bottom: 6px;

font-family: “Open Sans”,sans-serif;

font-weight: 400;

font-size: 1rem;

line-height: 1.1;

}

Yes, I did mean twenty-fifteen 😛

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Ah….I know why with regards to the font sizes. The latest Seasonal Pro that you are using on the “Auction” site has Typography settings available now in the Customizer. If you go to Appearance >> Customize >> Typography Options, you can change your font sizes from there.

Your other site uses Seasonal Pro version 1.0.2, which does not have the Typography settings.

Janette
    Participant

Oh, I didn’t answer why a different directory. It’s because I find the plugins don’t play nice together. :silly:

-Janette

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

No worries…anyway, I just updated my last post.

Janette
    Participant

So very cool I can change the fonts in the customizer!

THANKS!

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Absolutely 🙂 I’ve had many others request the ability to do that, so I decided to add this to the theme.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.