no widget areas

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro no widget areas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul N. Dion
    Participant

I have some widgets in the Bottom 1 position and have tried placing widgets in other positions – but no widgets appear on my site. It’s confusing–if I change themes, the widgets appear in the sidebar. I think I’m missing something pretty basic because I don’t usually have this kind of problem when working on a WP site, love the theme, though. Help!

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Good morning….what other sidebar positions were you wanting to publish widgets to that are not showing up and on what pages? Also, if you have a link to your site, I can also take a look as well.

Paul N. Dion
    Participant

It’s possible that I may be looking to do something that the theme isn’t designed to do.

I began the project with a free WordPress theme – I don’t know which one. But its format had a sidebar on the right and I added a couple of widgets (a mini-picture slideshow, an mp3 player, links, etc) and some other content.

Then I bought the Seasonal Pro theme and activated it. The content (widgets) that was formerly on the right on the free WordPress theme was visible after activating the Seasonal theme… as well as the left side sidebar that is part of the Seasonal theme (the one with the background image).

I created a lot of content and worked with the Seasonal theme quite a bit to become familiar with it and then I deleted the database and re-installed WordPress and the Seasonal theme and started over from scratch.

Now, my site has almost no content – just the default “home” page that will contain posts and a couple of pages I created (named About Me, My Music and Innovative Incentives, Inc.) In the WordPress dashboard, I have some of the same widgets as I originally did. In the Bottom 1 Position I have Search, Recent Posts, Recent Comments and in the Bottom 2 position I have a slideshow widget.

None of these widgets appear on the default “home” page and by that I mean the page that displays when you go to the site http://www.allendion.com nor do they appear on any other pages.

A second issue I’m having is that I arranged two pages to be listed underneath the About Me page but they are not available as a “sub menu” under the words “About Me” in the sidebar. You can see the small arrow that indicates that there are items available under the words “About Me” but you can’t access them.

I had a bit of problem clearly explaining my problems so I hope you understand what it is I’m asking.
    The website is: http://www.allendion.com

Thank you for your quick reply, that was very much appreciated.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Thank you for the information you provided, and not to worry, I understood everything you described. I just loaded my Seasonal Pro theme on my local test site and there are definitely some odd things happening, like the bottom sidebars are there but they are collapsed with no height. The free version seems to be working, but the Pro is not…including the menu issue.

I will immediately begin working to fix this once I send this reply. Quick question, what version is your WordPress?

One more thing I noticed…your sidebar image is very large and takes a while to load. You may want to consider reducing the image size down to something like 800px in width because right now it’s 2617 pixels.

Paul N. Dion
    Participant

Thanks! I like the theme a lot so I’ll wait to see what you come up with. I’d have to go look at the actual WordPress version but it’s the newest version that just came out. I’ll definitely resize that background picture later. Thanks.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

I’ve uploaded an update to Seasonal Pro version 1.0.4 which you can download the package again. Unzip the package and also unzip the theme file as well. To update your theme, upload the new theme (theme files) to replace the existing theme files for Seasonal Pro).

Hopefully this update solves the issues you’ve experienced, but I also found some other things that needed updating as well.

Paul N. Dion
    Participant

I’ll use the updated files first thing in the morning – thanks!

Paul N. Dion
    Participant

Thanks again – I’ve been able to do what I wanted and the site is coming along great.

Shaped Pixels
    Keymaster

Awesome to hear 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.