Page Templates

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Page Templates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

I have activated the child theme (thanks for making that easy!) and am now trying to load a page template for use with some of the fixed pages I have set up on the menu. Per instructions you provided elsewhere on this forum, I created a ‘page-templates’ folder in the child theme directory and placed the new php file in the folder but the template name doesn’t show up as an option when I create or edit a new page. Out of curiosity I also placed the template file in the Seasonal Pro theme folder (instead of the child theme) and that didn’t work either.

Bidur
    Keymaster

Hi,

After creating template file you need to change the template name inside that file. for ex:

<?php
    /**
     * Template Name: Template Centered
    */

change the Template Centered to any template name of your choice.

Thanks

Laura
    Participant

Yup, have done that but still not working – I copied your text above into the file and used “Test” as the name but I still only see just two options in the template field when setting up a new page: Default Template and Template Centered.

To be clear, my file structure is >seasonalalpro-child > page-templates > template-test.php

I am now using the Content Views plugin to handle some of the functionality I wanted from the template and it’s working nicely but I would like to figure out how to get custom page templates working for future use.

Bidur
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please refer to this tutorial to create new page template.
    https://www.cloudways.com/blog/creating-custom-page-template-in-wordpress/

Page Templates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.