Post does not aligned well.

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Post does not aligned well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Taiki Yukawa
    Participant

When I post some test articles, the post does not wrap and it becomes a line. This happens when I set it as small blog. When I set Grid style, articles does wrap, however, it continue to the end of the article. It does not show the default continue reading link. It does not even become grid style. When I set a feature photo for small style, the photo does not scale down to fit the size of grid.

And I tried to upload multiple screen shots of what is going on to this forum, but I could not even attach a screen shot as the error says “image size exceed limit.” It was only about 900kb…

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Regarding the file size, I had it set for only 150kb, but I just increased it to 1MB.

What would be better though is a link to your site where this issue is showing. That way I can view the code part and determine the solution.

Also, what browser are you using? I ask this because Firefox has a chronic problem of ignoring responsive images when they are set to max-width: 100% (which is what it should be), although there is a solution to fix this.

Taiki Yukawa
    Participant

Hi Andre365,

Thank you for the quick response. I have not set domain name yet, so here is the Public IP:52.193.53.225.

I tested with Chrome and Opera, and both did not work well.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link…I was able to visit your site…which definitely helped me see what is happening.
    It’s something about the long testtest….. content you have, and something in your site is preventing it from breaking up to fit the page. This CSS is what does that:

-ms-word-wrap: break-word;
    word-wrap: break-word;

….which is in the theme’s stylesheet. I also copied your first post (the whole thing including the code) and replaced a test post in my local test site and switched the theme to Seasonal Pro and the same version. On mine it works and everything fits and the long string of text you have breaks and wraps as it should.

That tells me something in your site is ignoring the word-wrap: break-word; CSS code of the theme. Usually when things go wacky, it’s usually a plugin. One way to find out is to disable your plugins one-by-one and test your page each time until you discover which plugin is the problem (if it’s a plugin that is).

Attachments:
    Taiki Yukawa
    Participant

Thank you for the clear explanation. I haven’t set any plugin yet, so there might be different problems. Should I just change CSS? If so, which class should I change? Or, does it relate to other code?

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Well this is something new to me….but this helps explain a few things:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1795109/what-is-the-difference-between-word-break-break-all-versus-word-wrap-break

So…what I will do here is give you a solution until I create an update for the theme.
    Install a plugin called Custom Simple CSS.
    Then, create a new stylesheet with it (read their documentation).
    Then, add this to it:

[code]body {
    -ms-word-wrap: break-word;
    word-wrap: break-word;
    word-break: break-word;
    }[/code]

I applied the word-break: break-word to your site and sure enough, that one worked.

Taiki Yukawa
    Participant

Okay, so it happens because of the language. I just implemented the code below. The sentences wrapped, but these still show to the end of the sentences instead of showing continue reading. It still work as a blog, so I will wait for the update.

I appreciate your help.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

For the “Continue Reading”, you need to insert that when you are creating your post. This is a tutorial for wordpress.com but the same principle applies to yours:

More Tag

Taiki Yukawa
    Participant

Thank you for the link. I should have googled a bit more.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

No worries…hopefully all is well for you now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.