RSS feed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vincent Danks
    Participant

I’m using the Seasonal theme (at the moment it’s the free version, not the Pro version) modified with a child theme and I’m trying to set up a subscription service on my site so that people can be notified of new posts.

I’m using Mailchimp to achieve this and they want the URL of my site’s RSS feed. I’ve tried entering the various addresses that WordPress suggest on their help page (i.e. http://www.hauntedyork.com /feed/ ) but I’m being told that this is an ‘invalid RSS feed’.

The site is not live yet (I’m using a ‘coming soon’ plugin) …could this be the reason?

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Thanks for reposting here…I prefer to keep all support in the same area in case others might have similar issues, they can see the replies and solutions. Also makes it easier to copy and paste code 🙂

Regarding your subscription for mailchimp…where in your site is your subscription sign-up placed, is it in your page content or a widget? Also, are you using your own code or a plugin for this?

You mentioned your site is in a “[b]Coming Soon[/b]” mode with a plugin; this could be the problem.

Vincent Danks
    Participant

No problem and thanks for the prompt reply…

the subscription sign up is in the page content and I’m using my own code (supplied by Mailchimp)

If it’s the ‘coming soon’ mode that’s the problem am I right in assuming the only way of checking that is to make the site live and see if it solves the problem?

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

you could try that…, but if you still run into problems, it might be best to contact MailChimp’s support and let them know what is happening, or do a quick look in Google for anything related to what you are experiencing. I’m not overly familiar with how their product code works, so I am not sure how much help I can be here.

You may also want to check the wordpress.org website for mailchimp plugins, because I know there are a few that lets you insert a shortcode into your content, as well, offer a subscription widget. Although, you will want to find one with the shortcode option because the Seasonal theme does not have sidebar positions in the left side column…only in the bottom area of the content window.

By the way, use this to check your feed link:
    https://validator.w3.org/feed/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Black Friday & Cyber Week SALE - 50% OFF on ALL Wordpress ThemesUse discount code BF2020