Search widget

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Search widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    T.Borduas
    Participant

I world live to change the text “search” for ” Rechercher/ Search” in your template.
    Please indicate me where I can mame the change
    Tank you

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

There are two ways….using a program like PoEdit to create a new translation (even if it’s still in english), and open the theme’s seasonalpro.pot file to make your translated version of that one language string. The other way is to switch to using a child theme for Seasonal Pro and edit the searchform.php file which has that “Search” language string in it.

T.Borduas
    Participant

just add to the english version

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Quick follow up to my last message…if you switch to using a child theme, please be aware that any option settings you did like colours, etc., will have to be redone from the customizer because activating a child theme will be seen as a new theme. But, the benefit here is that you can easily change theme files.

T.Borduas
    Participant

thank you for your help but where is the seasonalpro.pot file

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

that is found in the theme’s language folder:

/themes/seasonalpro/languages/

So that seasonalpro.pot file gets opened up in Poedit, find that strong, make the translation (to what you want it to be) and save your new translated file in the language (I’m guessing as English).

Use this as a starting point of reference if you need to:
    https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/tools/poedit/

T.Borduas
    Participant

Not really easy poedit…..is there a way that I could juste edit the file to add the word Chercher in front of the word Search on the search button?

thank you

Attachments:
    ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You could edit the header.php file , but it would be best to switch to using a child theme then. This would allow you to keep getting theme updates without losing anything you change, such as the search.

If you decide to switch to using a child theme, you would copy the theme’s header.php file and put that into your child theme, then you can edit that file there. The “Search” you see is the placeholder and it is found near the bottom of the header.php file.

T.Borduas
    Participant

thank you so much it work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.