Standard text in every sidebar

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Standard text in every sidebar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Angela Dunsire
    Participant

I’d like to include some standard text underneath the primary menu in the sidebar.

How do I do this?

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You would have to modify the theme files by switching to a child theme. I would not recommend adding too much there. Seasonal Pro does not have a sidebar in the side column area due to lack of space, and also the overall design concept of this area because some people may have smaller screens.

What was it you were wanting to add in there?

Angela Dunsire
    Participant

Hi,

it’s basically the tagline, but I need the tagline under the menu rather than above it.

Thanks.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You would definitely have to switch to using a child theme then. You would have to copy the header.php file into the child theme and then look for this code:

[code]

<?php endif; [/code]

Then make it this:

[code]

<?php //endif; [/code]

Then, go further down the file until you see this:

[code] [/code]

Then right below that, copy and paste this:

[code]

[/code]

Angela Dunsire
    Participant

That’s great, thanks. Using the child theme not an issue.

Related question. Is it possible at all to use html behind the tag. Using the tagline to show the telephone number and having it as a clickable link under the menu would perfect. With so much use of mobiles these days then the ability to click a phone number and have it ring is the only thing missing here.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

You could do a linked tagline, but wrapping the tagline with a link is required, albeit manually inserted into your theme file:
    [code]

[/code]

Angela Dunsire
    Participant

That’s great! Thanks for all your help. Great theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.