Woocommerce Problems

Home Forums Premium WordPress Themes Seasonal Pro Woocommerce Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christi Taber
    Participant

I downloaded the free theme of Seasonal in WordPress. I loved it so I activated after setting it up. Then I bought the Pro version to have more capabilities. My ‘Shop’, ‘My Account’ and a couple of other buttons were not working. I read at the top of WordPress that it wasn’t compatible but I could do a couple of different things to fix that so I clicked on one of the links that took me to Woo Themes. https://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/

I followed the directions for ‘Using hooks’. I copied and pasted what was on that page into theme‚Äôs functions.php file. Well it shut down my site AND I could not get through to support or cPanel until I emailed my tech support. They ended up restoring my website to yesterday.

I love this them and wish to use it. Please tell me exactly what I need to do to make this work with Woocommerce. PLEASE!!

Christi

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Correct on Seasonal and the Pro not built with WooCommerce in mind, but you can still achieve that functionality. First thing I would strongly recommend is to use a child theme for this because you will need to modify theme files to make this work. A child theme will allow you to get updates as they come along without losing your custom changes.

[b][color=#ff0000]NOTE[/color][/b]: Please be aware if and when you activate a child theme, WordPress sees this as a new theme activation and this means any customizer option settings, such as colours, will need to be redone.

In your child theme, copy the parent theme’s page.php code into a new file called woocommerce.php and make the following modifications the WooCommerce documentation shows. But basically you will be deleting this:

[code]

[/code]

[color=#ff0000]Replace that code with this:[/color]

[code][/code]

Then in your child theme, make a functions.php file if you have not already. In it, add this:

[code]<?php
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper', 10);
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper_end', 10);

add_action('woocommerce_before_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_start', 10);
    add_action('woocommerce_after_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_end', 10);

function my_theme_wrapper_start() {
    echo '’;
    }

function my_theme_wrapper_end() {
    echo ‘‘;
    }

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘woocommerce_support’ );
    function woocommerce_support() {
    add_theme_support( ‘woocommerce’ );
    }
    [/code]

If anything goes wrong, activate the parent theme instead of the child theme. I also just tried this method in my local test site, and it worked, so you should be good to go with this.

[b][color=#ff0000]IMPORTANT[/color][/b]: If you use a child theme, will you be using the one that comes with Seasonal Pro or making your own? If you use the one that comes with the theme, in your functions.php file, make sure when you copy the code that goes into the functions.php file of the child theme, that you remove the first [color=#ff0000]<?php[/color] code part and paste the woocommerce code below this:

[code] wp_enqueue_style( 'seasonal-pro-style', get_stylesheet_uri() );
    }[/code]

Basically your child theme functions.php file will look like this:

[code]<?php
    /**
    * Seasonal Pro functions and definitions
    * @package Seasonal Pro
    */

// Lets begin by grabbing our stylesheet from the parent theme
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {

// load our bootstrap css
    wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/bootstrap.min.css', array( ), '3.3.4' );
    // Load our child stylesheet
    wp_enqueue_style( 'seasonal-pro-child-parent-css', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    // Load our parent stylesheet.
    wp_enqueue_style( 'seasonal-pro-style', get_stylesheet_uri() );
    }

remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper', 10);
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper_end', 10);

add_action('woocommerce_before_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_start', 10);
    add_action('woocommerce_after_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_end', 10);

function my_theme_wrapper_start() {
    echo '’;
    }

function my_theme_wrapper_end() {
    echo ‘‘;
    }

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘woocommerce_support’ );
    function woocommerce_support() {
    add_theme_support( ‘woocommerce’ );
    }
    ?>[/code]

Christi Taber
    Participant

When I copied and pasted the ‘using hooks’ in the php file it shut my website down. I had to contact tech support with my server.

I was sure to install the child theme when I did all of this.

ShapedPixels
    Keymaster

Let’s tackle this from the start…. first, do you have Seasonal Pro installed right now? If not, and you are having problems installing it, I can do this for you. As mentioned, contact me from the footer link “Contact Me” with your link, username, and password.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.