The Aberration Lite theme is built with the mindset of keeping the design clean and simple while giving an elegant visual style that is pleasing for any site visitor. This theme offers some unique concepts that will be talked about throughout the setup tutorials.
Logo Notes Please be aware that the logo site title box is an unusual design and is not quite as flexible as having it above the fold like many other themes have it. This design concept is actually very difficult to implement to account for the various types and sizes of logos that someone may use. I will go more into this with the Logo tutorial later on.
Features Built into Aberration Lite
- Mobile responsive
- Unlimited colours
- 18 Sidebar positions
- 4 Bog styles
- 3 Menu locations
- 3 Single layout styles for a full post view
- Automatic header styles change with/without a banner
- Enable or disable several in-page elements
- Multiple post formats
- Typography management settings (basic)
- RTL capability
- Custom Error page
- Microdata formatting based on schema.org for Google
- Built-in theme customizer with several options
Although this theme does not require plugins, the following list are recommendations to take full advantage of the Aberration Lite theme (and the Pro version should you opt in for that one).
- Image Widget – Makes adding an image to a sidebar easier
- Simply Exclude – Allows you to exclude categories, posts, etc., from areas of your site
- Display Widgets – Lets you publish widgets to select pages
- Remove Widget Titles – Allows you to hide widget titles from the front-end
- WP Hide Title or Hide Title – Either plugin allows you to hide a page title
- TinyMCE Advanced – Adds more editor features and customizable
- HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter by Petr Mukhortov – Colours HTML code in the editor for better viewing
Start With the Basic Theme Setup Tutorials
We’ve kept the common tutorials separate under the category of “Basic Theme Setup” because they relate to each theme we offer. Once you have gone through the the initial setup tutorials, you can come back to the “Setup Aberration Lite” section for tutorials that are unique to this theme only.