The blog post summaries are the “intros” that you see when you first go to a blog. This is normally recognized when you see each summary with a title, perhaps a featured image, and then the “Read More” button or link. Post summaries are only part of a full post and will only show on the blog’s home page.
With this theme, you get a couple of options to display your summaries:
- Content – This is going to give you a summary that can include formatting, images, and lets you add a “Read More” link anywhere in your post.
- Excerpt – This gives you a set number of words that keeps each summary consistent; no formatting, no images, but will give you a “Read More” link as well.
NOTE The “Left Featured Image with no Sidebars” blog style will automatically use excerpts.
To make your selection, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Blog Options
- Lookf or the “Use Blog Excerpts” setting
- You can also manage the excerpt length as well from the other setting called “Excerpt Length” with a default size of 50 characters
- Make your choice and click “Save & Publish“
If you need more information about Excerpts, you can refer to the Basic Theme Setup Tutorials …