Changing your blog style is not just for layout, but also for what style of featured image you want. You get 4 blog styles, 8 with the pro version:
- Large Featured Image Right – Large featured image with a right sidebar
- Large Featured Image Left – Large featured image with a left sidebar
- Small Featured Image Right – Small featured image with a right sidebar
- Small Featured Image Left – Small featured image with a left sidebar
Here are a couple blog style options, one for the large featured image and the other for the smaller one.
When you choose your style of layout, it’s best to prepare your featured images to be sized for the choice you make so that page load times can be limited. For example, if you use the small featured image styles, try not to use 1000 x 1000 pixels featured images. here is a guide for featured image sizes:
- Large Featured Image – you can have up to 1140 pixels in width and height can be up to you
- Small Featured Image – I would keep your images somewhere around 250 pixels in width
Note If you started off with larger images, and then change your style to the Small style, you will still be OK because the layouts will force the image to resize (downsize).
Change Your Blog Style
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Blog Options
- Find the “Blog Style” setting and make your choice
- Click “Save & Publish” at the top of the column.