We are going to create a social networking menu like we see in the live demo site.
Since Longevity version 1.2.6, you now have a second and optional social menu location available in the footer area of your page.
The available social network icons available are:
- RSS (for setting up an RSS link)
- Mailto: (For setting up email)
Create A Menu
This will be the same as creating any other menu:
- Go to Appearance >> Menus >> and click on the “Create a new Menu” text link
- Name your menu. Example: Social Menu
- Click the “Create Menu” button
- At the bottom is a section called “Menu Settings” where you will choose the menu location you want to show this menu. In this case, let’s choose the “Social Menu” option. You also have the option to display your social links in the Social Footer Menu location.
- Go to the Custom Link tab and for the URL, enter in the full link to your social profile. Then, link text is going to be the social network name, such as Twitter
- Click “Add to Menu“
- Repeat for additional social profiles you want to add.