Aberration is a professional multi-purpose photographic and personal blogging theme – creative, extremely flexible, powerful, retina ready and designed for clarity. Showcasing open space design will impress your website visitors from the moment they see your front page. The theme is fully responsive and easy to customize with a built-in customizer that gives you live previews as you make changes. With unlimited colours, including the option of using the “dark version” of Aberration, you can style your site to bring out your personal creativity. You can install both versions if you wish, and then activate the one you want to use.
Features Built into Aberration
- Mobile responsive
- You get two versions – Light and Dark
- Unlimited colours
- 26 Sidebar positions
- 8 Bog styles
- 3 Menu locations
- 3 Single layout styles for a full post view
- Enable or disable several in-page elements
- Multiple post formats – including a special Gallery Post Format style
- RTL capability
- Translation Ready using a .pot file
- Microdata formatting based on schema.org for Google
- Built-in theme customizer with several options
Recommended Plugins (Optional)
The plugins I used in the live demo site for this theme are listed below. These are optional only and not required to make the theme function, although they will provide enhancements.
- Simply Exclude – Lets you exclude things like categories from the blog, widgets, etc. Recommended if you plan to use the Gallery Post Format.
- Display Widgets – If you do not use Jetpack, you can use this plugin to publish widgets on select pages
- Simple Custom CSS – If you are not using Jetpack with its Edit CSS feature, try a plugin called Simple Custom CSS
- Remove Widget Titles – This lets you hide widget titles from the front-end while maintaining them in the admin
- Custom CSS Classes – Allows you to stylize your widgets (required if you want to use the styles Aberration includes).
- Hide Title – Allows you to hide your page titles on a per page/post basis
- TinyMCE Advanced – For a content editor that adds more functionality and features
- HTML Editor Syntax Highlighter – When viewing source code, this will show you all of your HTML and in colour code
Start With the Basic Theme Setup Tutorials
We’ve kept the common tutorials separate under the category of “Basic Theme Setup” because they relate to each theme we offer. Once you have gone through the the initial setup tutorials, you can come back to the “Setup Aberration” section for tutorials that are unique to this theme only.