Although this is considered to be optional, Emphasize Pro is ready for the bbPress forum plugin with a custom forum template, sidebar for the left or right column layout, or even no sidebar if you want a full width forum. When installed, the forum will take on the custom styling from the theme.
Install the bbPress Plugin
- Go to Plugins >> Add New
- For most, you will probably see the plugin already in view, if so, click “Install“
- If you do not see it on the add new plugin page, search for “bbpress” and then install it from the search results.
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings >> Forums (do what you need)
- Go to Forums >> Add Forums
Choose Your Forum Layout
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic Settings
- Find the “Forum Layout” setting and make your choice
- Click “Save & Publish“
Using the Custom Sidebar
- Go to Appearance >> Widgets
- Drag any widget into the “bbPress” sidebar position