The blog post summaries are the “intros” that you see when you first go to a blog. This is normally recognized when you see each summary with a title, perhaps a featured image, and then the “Read More” button or link. Post summaries are only part of a full post and will only show on the blog’s home page.
With this theme, you get a couple of options to display your summaries:
- Content – This is going to give you a summary that can include formatting, images, and a “Continue” link.
- Excerpt – This gives you a set number of words that keeps each summary consistent; no formatting, no images, but will give you a “Continue” link as well.
For Influential, the Grid and Masonry blog layouts will automatically show excerpts, only. There is no other option for this one, but there is when you are using any of the other blog styles 1-4.
To make your selection, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Blog Options
- Lookf or the “Use Blog Excerpts” setting
- You can also manage the excerpt length as well from the other setting called “Excerpt Length” with a default size of 50 characters
- Make your choice and click “Save & Publish“