Many themes offer some form of social networking capabilities, from comprehensive to basic links to profile pages. This theme gives you a social menu location within the footer area. Setting up your social menu items is just like the other menus, except you are using the “ Custom Links ” option for each social network.
What sets Morphology offers you when using a social icon menu, is that it shows up at the bottom of the side column of your web page. However, as the browser window gets smaller, such as being viewed on a mobile device, this will disappear and then will show up in the footer of the main content area.
Available Social Networks
Although Font Awesome includes more icons than what this list displays, these ones are pre-coded using CSS within Morphology.
- RSS Feed & Feedburner
- Deviant Art
- Mailto (email)
These social icons are based on the popular font icon set called “Font Awesome“, and is included into the theme. You can also use a plugin for this (free of course). The plugin I recommend is called “Better Font Awesome“.
Create Your Links with Icons
- Go to your menu admin area and click “Create New Menu“
- At the bottom settings area, select the Social menu location
- Now we can start adding our social links to the new menu by using the Custom Links option.
- For each social profile, you will enter in the full URL for your social page. For example, our twitter URL would be: https://twitter.com/shapedpixels
- After entering in the URL, add the label. In our example above, simply type in Twitter
- Click on “Add to Menu“
- Repeat for each social profile you want to add.
- Publish or Save your menu.