Changing your blog style is not just for layout, but also for what style of featured image you want. You get 3 blog styles:
- Blog Full Style – For larger featured images
- Blog Small Style – For smaller featured images
- Blog Grid Style – For a grid layout
When you choose your style of layout, it’s best to prepare your featured images to be sized for the choice you make so that page load times can be limited. For example, if you use the “Blog Small Style”, don’t use 1000 x 1000 pixels featured images. here is a guide for featured image sizes:
- Blog Full Style – you can have up to 1140 pixels in width and height can be up to you
- Blog Small Style – I would keep your images somewhere around 365 x 225 pixels
- Blog Grid Style – You should be OK with around 470 x 290 pixels
Note If you started off with larger images, and then change your style to the Small or Grid style, you will still be OK because the layouts will force the image to resize (downsize).
Change Your Blog Style
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Blog Options
- Find the “Blog Style” setting and make your choice
- Click “Save & Publish” at the top of the column.