WordPress needs no introduction as a website builder. It is a highly versatile, responsive, and community-driven platform for web development.
How can you enhance your design experience with WordPress? Simple – incorporate one of the dozens of WordPress page builders that make your editing experience a walk in the park.
Here we check out the best drag and drop builders for WordPress and review their functionality. Read on to find out how you can optimize your WordPress web development chops.
Divi is one of the most popular drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress among web designers. The reasons for its vast popularity are simple – it is a straightforward, intuitive, and flexible software that lets you create great web pages. Divi’s pricing plans for freelancers and enterprises cater to the scale-based different needs of small and large businesses.
- There are over 50 basic and advanced web page elements to choose from. You can play around with different combinations to customize the look of your website.
- Beneficial for coders – Access and edit the page’s CSS easily with Divi’s custom CSS control feature. Developers will find it useful to toggle between the editor and the code.
Elementor is one of our top picks for WordPress page builders. It knows exactly what a web designer wants from an editing tool and offers just that. The software is responsive – it has one of the fastest interfaces we have seen. The environment is also quite simple to get used to.
- Single page editor – Tweak every aspect of the webpage, including content, headers, and footers on a single page – no need to switch between different tabs within the application.
- Editing in draft mode – This feature allows you to change parts of the design and content in a separate draft while the original site is still live. You can considerably reduce your downtime this way.
This software is one of the best drag and drop builders for WordPress users. You are at the helm of your design and content and have no restrictions on customizing your webpage. Builder Beaver’s Pro plan is ideal for making the jump from an amateur developer to a fully-equipped professional in the field.
- Compatibility for themes – Beaver Builder supports most WordPress themes. The customer support team is quite helpful in resolving compatibility issues if any.
- The page builder is capable of working with multiple sites simultaneously. So, you can keep up with numerous projects in an organized manner.
The Themify website builder is a user-friendly and economical option for enthusiastic developers and professionals alike. The standalone plugin is free to use, and you can purchase specific themes as and when you require. We like the range of builder and post-type builder add-ons available to enhance the design.
- Access both backend and frontend interfaces in a single screen to have better control over your webpage. The live edition feature for the frontend editor is highly responsive.
- Duplicate your work efficiently – You can make multiple copies of the same element in no time and save yourself the hassle of creating each from scratch.
- Intuitive editing options – Don’t waste time on performing mindless tasks that the editor can easily handle. With Brizy, it is a breeze to apply themes and elements across the board and duplicate fonts, shapes, and graphics.
- Video elements – It is highly convenient to integrate video backgrounds, transitions, and animations into the page.
This drag and drop builder for WordPress makes it easy to specialize your webpage according to your industry. Create customized pages for marketing, online shopping, subscription services, etc. Visual Composer places a large focus on responsive design and user-centric functionality.
- Easy pop-ups and interactive notifications – Use these helpful features to develop an engaging relationship with your user.
- Extensions and plugins – Integrate third-party extensions and applications for enhancing the look and feel of your website.
Thrive Architect is an all-in-one design and marketing suite that helps you develop a well-rounded website. The builder has a range of innovative features for boosting user retention and generating positive stimuli. We like the options available to the developer to promote the page’s engagement with potential clients.
- Add quizzes, preference buttons, testimonials, etc., to make the interface interesting.
- Browse through a vast gallery of pre-designed landing pages that will give you constructive suggestions on starting your design.
The SiteOrigin page builder plugin is a handy tool for developers to polish the design and layout of their webpages. The interface of the software is conducive for quick code-scanning and live editing. The builder is mostly geared towards backend coders and requires at least an intermediate level of coding skills.
- Live code editor – View the full code of the page on the left-side code inspector screen. Make live changes and save the edits immediately.
- The Premium plan gives you a robust set of features to rapidly execute your design and layout actions.
The Live Composer builder is worked purely in the frontend domain of your webpage. Create designs and make your edits in a single window and see the changes benign reflected in real-time. The interface is smooth and quite fast. We also like that the mobile app of the builder is convenient to use on the go.
- Industry-specific portfolio – Base your webpage on Live Composer templates for specific business sectors— for example, templates for sales and marketing, online marketers, large enterprises, etc.
- Integrate WooCommerece into your page to build a streamlined ecommerce retail page.
When you create a website, the most crucial aspect of the process is designing functional and aesthetic landing pages. SeedProd is a WordPress builder that focuses on creating high-quality landing pages. You don’t need to have any coding chops to work with this drag-and-drop editor.
- Access a vast portfolio of pre-designed landing pages for specific purposes like welcome, sales, coming soon, maintenance mode, login, and thank you pages. We found these to be great starting points of our design.
- Bot-protection – Keep out spam bots from your website with the built-in Re-Captcha option available on SeedProd. Make sure that you only attract organic traffic on the page.
Top WordPress Page Builders in 2021
Drag and drop editors are productive tools to make the design process for your web page fast and efficient. If you only want to work with the frontend side, we suggest opting for Live Composer or Visual Composer. If you want to address the page’s front and back end, Divi, Elementor, and SiteOrigin are our top picks.