Emphasize Pro has it’s first major update since the initial release back in April. This update fixes a few issues, but mostly included bringing everything up to date and to make sure it works with the upcoming WordPress 4.4 version. Please note that there are some functions that have dramatically changed, such as logo upload, so make sure your logo is still shown on your site.
- Updated/changed the logo upload function
- Added the ability to show or hide the site title and description with or without a logo
- Fixed and updated blog category title code to work with WP version 4.3 and above
- Replaced Genericon icons with Font Awesome icons (more options)
- Added VK and Xing social icons and updated the RSS icon styling to include feedburner
- Added a theme info page to the Appearance menu group in the admin
- Moved inline styles to an enqueue method (WP requirement)
- Added ability to disable font awesome, bootstrap, and animate if you are using plugins for these already
- Updated how Google fonts for this theme are loaded (WP requirement)
- Moved the missing menu colour options to the “Colours” tab due to changes WordPress made to the customizer.
- Escaped language strings for security
- Updated the emphasize-pro.pot language file
If you see something that you are not sure what it is, please log in the site and post your question in the forum.
How To Update
Download your theme package again, but this time you will unzip the theme file itself. Using an FTP program, upload the new theme files to replace the existing theme files. In this case, the one you will extract (unzip) is the emphasizepro.zip file.
IMPORTANT Always make a backup of your site and theme before updating themes, plugins, and WordPress.